- Provide training to Healthcare Professionals in how to deliver DAFNE.
- Hold a register of all DAFNE trained Healthcare Professionals.
- Use Research and Development to improve DAFNE Curriculum and provide alternative delivery methods. For example, 5 week (1 day per week for 5 weeks).
- Provision of DAFNE training of adults with Type 1 diabetes using Insulin Pump therapy.
- Produce teaching resources and supply information and resources for patients to support learning during DAFNE course.
- External audit of all centres in the UK and Southern Ireland to maintain standards of delivery and consistency in the delivery of the DAFNE programme.
- Provide centres with access to the National Clinical and Research Database for entry of audit biomedical data, pre- and post-course to enable centres to monitor outcomes and benchmark against other DAFNE services.
- Have an active Research and Development programme to constantly improve and understand structured patient education.
- Lobby and campaign to ensure that structured patient education for Type 1 diabetes is commissioned and provided to meet national agreed minimum standards.
Last Updated: 01/03/2013